Hey guys, how are you all doing?
Wedding season is in full swing so expect an array of posts with wedding make up. I’ve done one before, check it out, here.
The look I’m doing today is soft brown eyes with a bold statement emerald green eye liner. Honestly, I love how bold yet feminine it is, all intense but still fresh and glowy.
This post is a full face of makeup so let’s quickly get started.
- Prime and set eyelids: Priming is so important, shadows stay on longer and the colors show up better. I used my MAC Pro Long Wear concealer in NC 35.
- Transition: I used a cool toned light brown from the L’Oreal La Palette Nude in Beige to create a transition color my lids, just so that the eye shadows don’t look too stark and out there.
- Build up: For a more smoked out and deep eye shadow look, I placed a deeper brown on the crease of the lid. As the colors go darker, the sweep motion moved more outwards. The black is going to be only on the outer v of the lid. Make sure everything is well blended, that’s the only rule of pretty shadows.
- Lid Shade: I used a mix of the two beautiful shimmery shades on the lid using a flat brush.
- Eye Liner: I used the Maybelline gel eye liner pencil in Glossy Emerald to create a thick winged eye liner.
- Brow Bone Highlight: I used a rose gold shimmer shade on a fan brush to highlight my brow bone.
- Clean up: I used wet wipes to clean up all of the fallout that may have been casually lying around my face. (Be careful about the wing of your liner, you don’t wanna wipe that off!)
- Prepare: I always make sure I prepare my skin before I put any makeup on. I moisturised using the Olay moisturising cream, the Olay under eye cream and primed with the Colorbar perfect match primer. I don’t click it because nothing shows up.
- Correct: You know me, you know I have circles darker than my soul and hence, correcting is in order. I use the NYX correct, conceal and contour palette in deep.
- Foundation: For my foundation I do and will always love the Kiko Milano universal fit foundation. For some extra glow, I mixed the L’Oreal liquid glow illuminator with my foundation. I used a brush and then patted everything in with a damp beauty blender.
- Concealer: For concealing and highlighting my face, I used the same Mac concealer and applied it under my eyes, on the bridge of my nose, chin and the centre of my forehead, blending = beauty blender.
- Setting: I used the Miss Claire translucent powder on my under eyes in excess and wiped it all off with a big fluffy powder loaded with the Freedom banana powder.
- Contour and Bronze: I used the darkest shade from the NYX palette to contour my face: cheekbones, jawline, forehead. For setting it, I used the L’Oreal bronzer. I also contoured my nose using my first transition shade form the eyeshadow palette and the fluffiest brush on the planet and blended everything with my mini beauty blender.
- Blush: Weddings call for glowy blushes and the Lakme Absolute shimmer brick blush is the best for such occasions.
- Highlight: For highlighting my face, I used the same shade from the L’Oreal eye shadow palette: Cheekbones, bridge and tip of the nose, inner corner of the eyes.
- Lower lashes and Waterline: For my lower lashes, I picked up a deep brown shade from the L’Oreal palette. I also lined my waterline with the Faces Magneteyes kajal.
- Mascara: This look demands the flutter. I used the Maybelline lash sensational mascara for the length and the Essence I Love Extreme for the volume.
- Brows: I filled in only the tail of my brows with a brown from the L’Oreal palette. Sorry for the miserable focus of this picture but you know.
- Lips: Finally, for the last step, I use the Sugar matte as hell lipstick in Holly Go Lightly. I love it so much I can’t even say it enough.
This is the completed look.
I hope you guys enjoyed it.
Be sure you follow me on Instagram and if you have any requests or suggestions, leave me a DM. I would love to hear from you guys.
Thanks for stopping by.
Loads of love,